Monday, October 14, 2013

Pop N Cut Clear Creations



I have the honor again to be included in Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge "Clear Creations".  The challenge was to create a Pop N Cut from clear material, so it appears that the pop up is appears to be suspended mid air.  I chose to use the PNC Square Ornate Edge Base, Banner & Borders die, Berry Swirls embossing folder and Stampin Up host set called Warmth & Wonder from the Holiday Mini.  I stamped the image in Versamark & then applied silver embossing powder.  The DSP is retired from last year, I also used Real Red, Chocolate Chip & Old Olive, the pearls are the jumbo colored red with a Sharpie.  My ruffle was created with crepe paper, yep the streamer kind that you hang up for parties.  To color the crepe I swiped it with my Encore Silver ink pad & then stamped several snowflakes randomly.
 I love the decorative edge scroll that comes with the Square Ornate Base....isn't that pretty?  The Pop N Cut insert I used is called Sassy Label 3-D to cut my acetate.  To get that wonderful silver embossed edge around the Sassy Label & Stitched Frame, I cut the frame first with the die that cuts, swiped it with Embossin Buddy, then I dabbed the stitching frame into my Encore Silver Pigment ink so that the side with the stitch marks were all covered with ink, then put that on top of the white die cut & ran it through the Big Shot, then applied silver EP and heat set.  The snowflakes are a retired Sizzlit Strip called Northern Frost.....why that was retired I'll never know because it has so many different wonderful snowflakes all on one die.
Here's a close up of the pop up.

The trees were stamped with Old Olive & the little dots embossed with silver EP, then I added the little pearls.  I dipped the edges of my snowflakes in Encore Silver & then sprinkled with silver EP.  The stars were a great find at a local scrapbook convention.
Karen has created such wonderful & fun dies.  You can purchase her Stampin Up Pop N Cuts through my online store.
Happy Stamping,
Raquel

4 comments:

  1. Once again I could not comment on your SU blog and I'm very pouty about it! I adore your creation and especially that awesome idea to ink and emboss the Stitched Framelits. So clever! Thanks for playing along with this week's DC. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your Card Raquel... to Emboss the Stitched Frame is Genius LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto what Karen and Kelly have said ... loving how you embossed the stitched frame ... love love love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO pretty - love all the details.
    Cheers,
    Karen Aicken

    ReplyDelete