Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pop It Ups Garden Bench


Can I just say that I am totally enjoying these new Karen Burniston dies called Pop It Ups.  Karen designed these dies for Elizabeth Craft Designs & I along with many other talented ladies have been chosen to be on her Desginer Challenge Team (yeah)!  
So let's get into what products I used to create this lovely card.  The front is very simple, I let the DSP do the work for me & added the Agatha Edge die cut twice (one in Pacific Point & one in Lavender Lace).  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes & cut out with Lucy Label.  I left the Whisper White in the Lucy Label & sponged over the top with Bashful Blue ink - it leaves a nice white edge while the center gets color.  I used the little slot dies included in the Lucy Label to cut the holes for the polka dot ribbon to slide through.


Look at that bench!  Wow, isn't the little boy cute just sitting there with well wishes.  Let's start from the top shall we.....I cut the edge with the Agatha Edge die, it comes with the scroll you see on the bottom of the card (love it).  The All-Seasons Tree includes all the items you see on the tree even those clouds.  I die cut some of the clouds/foliage in green and sponged them a little, then put the little leaves on & then the little flowers followed with a bit of glitter.  I die cut another bench in Early Espresso Coredinations, embossed with a woodgrain EF, then sanded it to expose the white core and I just glued that bench on top of the other bench - like a slip cover.  The heart is from Heat Pivot Card & the sentiment is from Lucy Label Pop-Up. The little flowers are from Butterfly Pivot Card & Butterfly Accessories - the wonderful thing about that flower is one die cuts the solid image & the other cuts the outline which is brilliant if you ask me - Karen has thought of everything when designing these dies to make it so easy to embellish.

I cut some hills from the Agatha Edge die & glued that behind the bench.  The little boy was stamped twice, colored & then put between the slats in the bench & used dimensionals to pop up his legs to make him look more like he's actually sitting "on" the bench.  His little fairy wings are cut from vellum & Wink of Stella glitter added to them.  If it were a girl...watch out here comes the glitter.



I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I enjoyed making it, let me tell you now that you'll be seeing many more of Pop It Ups to come.
These dies will be ready to ship to retailers right after CHA, so sk your local retailer to contact Elizabeth Craft Designs about carrying these in your craft store.  They will also be shipping to Canada & overseas.
Happy Stamping,
Raquel

Supplies:
stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, CC Designs
cardstock: retired DSP, Lovely Lilac, Pacific Point, Old Olive, Soft Sky, Whisper White, Real Red
dies: #780 Garden Bench, #779 Lucy Label, #775 Heart Pivot Card, #781 All Seasons Tree, #782 Agatha Edges, #767 Butterfly Pivot Card, #773 Butterfly Accessories

3 comments:

  1. Raquel, another great card using Karen's new Pop It Ups and Accessories kits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how the little boy is sitting on the bench ... another great card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I missed this one - it's WONDERFUL! So many sweet details - love this card!!!
    Cheers,
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete