Friday, April 11, 2014

Cupcake Celebration


I used some Peel-Off Stickers & Tombow markers to make this Cupcake Celebration card.  First I cut a piece of Watercolor Paper large enough to cover the Frames Round Peel-Off Sticker, adhered the sticker to the Watercolor Paper & colored using Tombow Dual Brush Markers, a blender pen & Aqua painter.  After I finished coloring, I fussy cut around the image & glued it to the front of my card base.  I used two Elizabeth Craft Designs dies (Happy Birthday & Thank You) to make the sentiment.  The word die cuts are fairly flexible so I was able to curve them around the circle.  I added a little bit of gloss to the image & sentiment with glaze pens.

I used Karen Burniston's Lucy Label Pop It Up as a platform to animate another cupcake, this one I used the Cupcake with Candle & Bow die to cut the same black patterned paper you see in the background.  While I was coloring the cupcake on Watercolor Paper, I also colored a few hearts that was on the Cupcake Peel-Off Sticker sheet.  I die cut another Lucy Label & embossed the platform area with Karen's new Damask Embossing Folder.  I cut a flourish from Just Add Cake DSP using Agatha Edges & added that to the bottom of my card.

The sentiment is from Sweet Little Sentiments & I used Tombow markers to color directly onto the stamp, huffed on the stamp & then stamped onto Whisper White.  I used glaze pens on the cupcake after coloring with Tombow Dual Brush Markers.
I had to cut the candle off from the cupcake because it stuck out of the card in its closed position.  To fix that, I die cut another cupcake to get another candle to glue lower down into the cupcake.....problem solved.

Remember the problem we just talked about?  Well if I had cut the little slot further back on the Lucy Label, I never would've had the problem in the first place........but I didn't know that at the time I was using the slot die from Lots of Pops to cut the little slot for the flagpole.  You can see from this side view that I have the flagpole inserted through the slot so I can glue the cupcake to it so it will stand up.  To make the flagpole longer I left my cutting plate off the end of the flagpole die while cutting & just cut the length longer with my scissors.

Thanks for stopping by & I had a wonderful time creating with Tombow  & Elizabeth Craft Designs' products.  Here's looking forward to the next blog hop.

Happy Stamping,
Raquel

To purchase any Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.
To purchase any Elizabeth Craft Designs products, please visit your local independent craft store or visit Elizabeth Craft Designs online.

Supplies are Stampin' Up! unless noted
Stamps: Sweet Little Sentiments (retired)
Paper: Basic Black, Watercolor Paper, Just Add Cake DSP (retired) & paper from my stash
Markers: Tombow Dual Brush Markers (Tombow)
Dies: Lucy Label Pop Up #779, Lots of Pops #778, Agatha Edges #782, Happy Birthday #783, Thank You #788, Cupcake with Candle & Bow #716 (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Accessories: Cupcake Peel-Off Stickers #0379, Frames Round Peel-Off Stickers #1289, Damask Embossing Folder #KB104 (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Glaze Pens in Bright Colors

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooh - pretty darned SWEET! ;-) Love how you turned the Lucy Label die. You are so creative!
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete