Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Karen Burniston's October Designer Challenge Make it Masculine - Doctor Who


To all my fellow Whovians this card goes out to you.  I am a fan of the British TV series Doctor Who.  When Karen gave the Design Team the masculine challenge, I was thrilled to make this Tardis using Holiday House, Heart Pivot Card and Clock & Gears.  The base card is Pacific Point & sponged with Pacific Point.  The gears are cut from Silver Foil paper.  The sentiment is computer generated, then die cut using Lucy Label.

So what do the Daleks love to say?  Answer: "Exterminate", but my Dalek likes to say "Celebrate" from the stamp set called Fabulous Phrases stamped onto a word bubble from Lorna Label.  I used Lots of Pops to animate the Dalek made with Elizabeth Craft Designs' new Tags & More 3 Leaves die.  I also used Clock & Gears, Holiday House, Crystal Flower and  Rainy Day to create my Dalek.  The Tardis background paper I found online and simply printed it out.

Happy Stamping,
Raquel

To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.
To purchase Pop It Ups designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs or Elizabeth Craft Designs' products, please visit your local independent craft store or online.

Supplies
Stamps: Fabulous Phrases
Dies: Tags & More 3 Leaves, Rainy Day, Crystal Flower (Elizabeth Craft Designs); Lots of Pops, Heart Pivot, Lucy Label, Holiday House, Clock & Gears (Karen Burniston Pop It Ups designed for Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Real Red, Silver Foil, Basic Black, Vellum Cardstock, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Black Tuxedo Memento (Stampin' Up!)

Other: 2577 Happy Birthday Peel-Off Sticker

4 comments:

  1. Honestly Raquel - you are AMAZING. What a fabulous card -- and I don't know anything about Dr. Who!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply wonderful card. As with Karen, I know nothing about Dr. Who, I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card. How did you make the tardis shape? I would love to CASE this for my son and Grand daughter, both are major Dr Who fans. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marlene,
      The Tardis shape was made using a paper trimmer. The doors & panels were also made using my trimmer, but the windows & light on the top is the window from Holiday House.

      Delete