Monday, May 11, 2015

Karen Burniston's March Designer Challenge - Barns, Barns, Barns

It's time for Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge!  The team was challenged to use the new Barn Pop Stand.  I decided to experiment with a technique that Kelly Booth showed the team.  I used a retired Stampin' Up! background stamp called Print Pattern to create the colorful background and Karen's new Farm Greetings for the sentiment.  I used various Stampin' Write Markers to color in the sentiments - I love the open sentiment giving me the ability to color the words in.
For the inside I went a little "Hog Wild"!  Virgil sure likes to have his fun.  I added a party hat, balloon, glasses & mustache from Props 1 & 2.  I used Outdoor Edges & a decorator Katie Label creates an area to write a personal note. 

For the barn, I used the same stamping technique as the front but stamped with Hardwood from Stampin' Up!  I had just enough of the multi-colored paper left over to stamp a cake from Endless Birthday Wishes for the center of the barn.  I used a fine point black pen to accent the doors & windows.  

For the back of the barn, I added another Virgil (on a spinner from Rectangle Pull Card) complete with party blower, hat, balloon & cake.  See Virgil's hat?  He's got an arrow through his hat & a rooster instead of a pompom.  I used a fine point pen to add details to the balloon & Virgil.
And another look at Hog Wild Virgil!
I hope you have enjoyed my card & stop back tomorrow for my 2nd card for the Barns, Barns, Barns Challenge.

Happy Stampin',

Raquel

To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.

To purchase Pop It Ups designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs, please visit your local independent craft store or online.

Supplies:


















5 comments:

  1. Love the colours. It really "pops"

    Cazx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how you did your barn ... and your Characters ... and the sketching around the edges ... and everything else too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great card! I love your barn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love how colorful this is Raquel....So Fun!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete